Did you know that bad breath, also called halitosis, can be caused by a wide range of ailments within your mouth and body? For more information about the many causes and contributors of bad breath, consider the following:
– Ailments deep within the body can frequently cause bad breath, including liver problems, kidney malfunctions, and respiratory tract infections.
– The medications you may be taking could produce bad breath as a recognized side effect.
– Excessive plaque buildup on your teeth can be the cause of bad breath.
– Dentures are a known contributor of bad breath, especially if they are not cared for and cleaned on a nightly basis.
– If you are afflicted with bad breath, try using mouthwash as a potential treatment.
– Gum disease, also referred to as periodontal disease, is often linked to cases of bad breath, as the odors can be the result of gum tissue infections.
– Bad breath is frequently the result of not brushing or flossing your teeth on a daily basis.
If you would like a bad breath treatment from Walnut Glen Family Dental at our dentist office in Dallas, Texas, please contact us at 214-613-1355. Dr. Katie Lippas and the rest of our team will ensure you get the fresh breath smile you desire. Our wonderful staff is here to help you get the smile you want.